Welcome and thank you for your interest in Adopt-A- Street (AAS)! This program is a litter reduction and prevention program. Litter is an unattractive problem on our roadways. Its unsightly, expensive to remove and poses a threat to our motorist, natural habitats, wildlife and our source of water.
Community volunteers reduce the amount of litter along the roadways in Austell. Adopt-A- Street raises awareness about the issue of litter and helps keep our community clean.
Our Adopt-A- Street program is our greatest volunteer need and Austell relies on volunteers like you for the success of this program. We invite you or your civic group, company, family, faith-based group, or friends to adopt a street and personally invest in the environment and Austell community. We provide supplies that volunteers need and there is no fee to participate in this program.
How to Get Involved:
Fill out the Adopt-A-Street Form
How does this program work?
- Adopters must be 18 or older to participate in the Adopt-A-Street Program
- Only 1 street can be applied for adoption per application
- Adopters complete and submit an application to the Public Works Department for approval
- Adopters are notified upon approval or denial via phone and email
- Once approved, adopters can begin retrieve their starter kit and begin collecting litter on their adopted street
- All bags of collected litter must be left in a central location for collection by PW Department
- PW Department must be notified of location of bags of collected litter for pick-up
Potential reasons for denial of an application:
- Applicant is not a City of Austell resident
- Business is not inside Austell city limits
- Incomplete applications
- Street already adopted
- The AAS sign name is offensive or derogatory
Potential reasons for revocation:
- Providing false information on application
- Not properly maintaining adopted street
- Moving without notice to Public Works Department
- Unable to contact Adopter
Austell Public Works Department will provide 1 starter kit upon approval of an application, and it will include:
- 1 Grabber
- 3 garbage bags (any type of garbage bag may be used for collection)
- 1 pair of gloves
These materials will not be provided on a continuous basis. Adopter will be responsible for providing their own supplies.
Related Links and Documents: