Skip to Main Content

Austell, GA City Logo

Moving In or Moving Out

Moving In?

Welcome to the City of Austell! We are pleased you have chosen our City to make your home here. Residential garbage and recycling is offered to all City residents.

  • To locate your garbage and recycling service information, visit the View My Service Schedule tool .
  • To begin service, visit our Residential Garbage section, read the information and fees, and complete the Application for Solid Waste or Recycling Services. A copy of your lease or utility bill is required along with a copy of your picture identification. If you are applying for water service at the same time, this can be completed at the same time. Please note that water applications must be submitted directly to City Hall at the address listed on the application.
  • Austell Public Works does not service apartment complexes or trailer parks. Contact your leasing office.

Moving Out?

  • Contact the Austell Public Works business office at (770) 944-4325, option 4, so we can update your account.
  • Leave any City issued carts on the property. All carts are the property of the City of Austell. Each cart is assigned a serial number to an exact address. Missing carts will be charged to your utility account.
  • Bring all containers back onto your property before you move. Do not leave containers in the street or on the sidewalk.